Operations Associate – Spanish Speaking, NY based
Overview of Role
viagogo is the world’s largest ticket market place, giving fans access to the best events in sports and live entertainment through a state-of-the-art online ticketing platform. We provide choice, convenience and consumer protection, so that people can buy and sell tickets for live events all over the world with confidence. We are the market leader in our sector and one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the world, offering our service to customers in nearly 60 countries.
We’re looking to hire ambitious, intelligent, and talented people to help expand our business. This role is the perfect stepping stone from university or grad school into a high growth multinational internet company with a start-up ethos.
You’ll learn what it takes to execute the operations in an e-commerce business by gaining hands-on experience across key operational areas. The role requires you to assume the main responsibilities distinct to the operational department you’re assigned to and identify and solve the critical issues the business encounters as it scales. Your training won’t be in a classroom – we will expect you to learn quickly on the job, absorb a considerable amount of information in a short amount of time, and be a strong team contributor within months.
This position is also a unique opportunity to work directly with senior executives, some of the most experienced leaders in the industry. Strong performers can expect to be in a managerial position within 24 months, and leading a department within 3-4 years.
The role will be based in New York. Your package will include a competitive basic salary, not to mention a fun team, a great working environment and amazing career prospects. Candidates will be expected to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends depending on the event calendar. Days in lieu will be provided. Additionally, travel may be required within Europe.
Execute a wide variety of operational tasks associated with logistics, ticket inventory management, website data management and customer care. Includes:
· Mastering several bespoke internal software tools built to support each operational department
· Full ownership of the operational actions in a specific department area (i.e: country/regional responsibility) to maximize accountability
· Fixing and troubleshooting operational issues as they arise. Requires you to build a strong domain and cross-functional knowledge
· Proactively identify and implement solutions to improve the efficiency of the internal processes
Skills and Attributes:
· Organized and reliable with attention to detail
· Thrive when under pressure and multi-tasking
· Hungry to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
· Entrepreneurial mind-set with a strong bias towards action and problem-solving
· High degree of curiosity, and optimism, with an eye for possibilities that will drive the business forward
· Outstanding written and oral communication
· Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited top-tier College
· Fluent in Spanish (written, reading and spoken) and English
· Must be eligible to work in the United States
viagogo is a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organizers reach a global audience.
viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sport and entertainment, and has helped customers from almost every country in the world access tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency and on the device of their choice.
For media enquiries please contact the viagogo press office at: email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR PRESS ENQUIRIES ONLY.